I'm currently assistant professor at Telecom ParisTech and scientific consultant for the CEA Neurospin brain imaging center. My work is on statistical machine learning, signal and image processing, optimization, scientific computing and software engineering with primary applications in brain functional imaging (MEG, EEG, fMRI). Before joining Telecom ParisTech, I worked at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging at Harvard in Boston, and for five years at INRIA in the Parietal Project Team and the Athena Project Team. I am also an active member of the Center for Data Science at Université Paris-Saclay.
Address: 46, rue Barrault, 75013 Paris
- scikit-learn - A Python project for machine learning.
- openmeeg - C++ package for low-frequency bio-electromagnetism including the EEG/MEG forward problem. OpenMEEG implements the Symmetric BEM which has shown to provide very accurate solutions. Some features: parallel processing, Python Bindings, Matlab integration with Fieldtrip and BrainStorm.
- MNE - A complete package to process EEG and MEG data: forward and inverse problems (MNE, dSPM, MxNE), stats, time-frequency analysis.
More on my Github Page
- Daniel Strohmeier (coadvised with Jens Haueisen)
- Albert Thomas (coadvised with Stéphan Clémençon)
- Romain Laby (coadvised with François Roueff)
- Yousra Bekhti (coadvised with Roland Badeau)
- Mainak Jas
- Tom Dupré La Tour (coadvised with Yves Grenier)
- Stanislas Chambon (coadvised with Gilles Wainrib)
- Pierre Ablin (coadvised with Jean-François Cardoso)
- Mathurin Massias (coadvised with Joseph Salmon and Olivier Cappé)
- Engineer to work on scikit-learn
- Engineer to work on MNE
- Post-doc positions on machine learning and signal processing with applications in neuroimaging (MEG, EEG)
This list is fuzzy so please contact me directly for potential opportunities.
- June 2016: I'll be teaching MEG/EEG data analysis with MNE for 2 days at PRNI 2016 conf.
- May 2016: I'll be teaching MEG/EEG data analysis with MNE at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Canada
- Nov. 2015: I'll be giving a talk on supervised learning on MEG/EEG signals at Paris Workshop on Decoding of Sound and Brain (slides pdf)
- Oct. 2015: I have been awarded an ERC Starting Grant ! My project is called "Signal processing and Learning for Brain data (SLAB)"
- 22 Sept. 2015: I'll give a seminar on Brain Decoding using fMRI at Donders Center for cognitive neuroscience.
- Sept. 2015: I'll be presenting our latest work on MEG/EEG inverse modeling at BACI conference in Utrecht.
- July. 2015: My work presented at IPMI conf. in Scotland got a runner up award !
- July. 2015: I'll be one the keynote speakers at machine learning in neuroscience workshop at ICML in Lille
- July. 2015: I'll present our work on speeding up the Lasso estimator using SAFE Screening rules at ICML in Lille. Video lecture
- July. 2015: I'll give an oral presentation on my work G. Peyré and M. Cuturi at IPMI conf. in Scotland
- June. 2015: My work with D. Engemann and D. Strohmeier will be presented in oral presentations at PRNI conference in Stanford
- June. 2015: My work with my student Michael Eickenberg will be presented in an oral presentation at OHBM conference in Hawai
- May. 2015: Talk at Chalmers University "The impact of tools and modeling assumptions on neuroscience"
- Apr. 2015: I'll be giving a tutorial on Scikit-Learn for medical imaging at IEEE ISBI conference in NYC.
- 5 Dec. 2014: I'll be talking at Gipsa Lab at Workshop on challenges in multimodality about the problems and the benefits of combining MEG and EEG for source analysis.
- 5 and 12 Nov. 2014: MNE training session at Telecom ParisTech.
- 6 June. 2014: My student Daniel Strohmeier gets the Best Paper Award at PRNI conference for our work on the M/EEG inverse problem.
- 17 June. 2014: I'll be talking on the MNE project at the INCF Paris workshop
- 24 Aug. 2014: My symposium on supervised learning for M/EEG data analysis has been accepted at BIOMAG 2014
- 3 Sept. 2014: I'll give a talk at the workshop on Statistical Challenges in Neuroscience in Warwick UK
- 8 Jun. 2014: My work will be presented in 2 oral presentations at Human Brain Mapping conference.
- 14-16 May 2014: I'll be teaching MEG/EEG data analysis with MNE at MRC Lab in Cambridge UK
- 20 Jan. 2014: I'll be teaching MEG/EEG data analysis with MNE in Stockholm Karolinska Institute NatMEG data analysis workshop
- 4 Dec. 2013: MNE Training Session in Paris, ICM
- 23 Oct. 2013: I'll be at BrainHack in Paris
- 7 Oct. 2013: I'll be at CIMEC in Trento, Italy to teach MNE and Scikit-Learn
- 23 Sept. 2013: I'll be in Magdeburg, Germany to teach MNE for the Timely Workshop